The Investigative Services division is comprised of 13 units and task forces. The primary function of the ISD is to:
- Aggressively investigate crimes within the primary jurisdiction of the Westchester County Police
- Provide specialized assistance when requested to local Westchester County law enforcement agencies for problematic, long-range, large-scale or complex investigations.
ISD Units include:
- General Investigations Unit
- Forensic Investigations Unit
- Narcotics Unit
- Warrant-Fugitive Unit
- Crime Analysis Unit
ISD detectives also serve on a number of multi-agency task forces, including:
- Drug Enforcement Administration Task Force
- FBI Violent Crimes Task Force
- U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force
- Westchester District Attorney’s Auto Crimes Task Force.